Friday, October 19, 2012

Savouring


Yesterday on the account of fasting I didn't eat anything all the day.
I usually break my fast in the evening, either at college canteen or at home, depends on my stomach's pleas to feed it.
I don't restrict myself so much though, if I feel like eating, I simply will, with out hesitation.
After all, I believe, whatever we do must take us closer to, not away from, God 

I was in bus then, when a student in the past cum a colleague in the present offered me a chocolate.
I took, ate and enjoyed every bite of it.

Then this thought occurred to me immediately.

I savoured the moment 

I enjoyed eating the chocolate, but not just that.
I ate it in less than 5 mins time, but its taste lingered 

More than the act of eating, the realization of my ability to enjoy things at the most made me very joyous.

I felt good.
My heart lightened,
my lips curved,
and my eyes brightened.

All at once, at one simple thought.

P.S. I wasn't actually hungry then, cuz I had a plate of Pani Puri before entering the bus :P




No comments: